Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I need to stop reading about this. Last night I learned that Mere spent the last night of her life tied to a tree. I can also satisfy your question, Crickie, as to why no one heard her screaming or kicking in the van at that wafflehouse. It is most likely she was tied up in the woods at that point, not in the van.

So now I'm stuck thinking all day about what she was thinking that night. Mere would have been waiting for him to screw up, make a mistake, get free...but she would have been so sleepy :(

Mere was always falling asleep; I forget she was so much younger than the rest of us...right out of college and doing so much with her life. We would all be chattering away and look over and Mere would be snoozing on the blue chair, or curled up in one of the bean bags like a sleepy kitten. She would also get tipsy on one glass of wine. You know, I didn't think about it until she was gone, but that was a long drive she was making to and from my house on the interstate every wednesday. And she drove home from work first to pick up Ella. She used to laugh because as soon as they reached the BP close to our house, Ella would perk up because she knew where they were going and she was going to get PUPPY PLAYTIME!

How many times did I drive to her apartment? Twice? Its funny how you don't realize how much someone was giving you until its taken away.

No comments: