Tuesday, February 12, 2008

01/16/08

I thought tonight was going to suck. Tonight normally Mere would be over and the dogs would be playing and we would be eating brownies, or popcorn, or pitas and red pepper humus, and watching something terrible on TV...Marisa and Heather might be there, too and by this point in the evening, we would be talking about something silly, like erection directionality or something equally mindless.

But, you know, that wasn't going to happen, so...

I made crepes, and fed myself and the kids. Blix was stuck in nasty weather for an hour and a half and got home to cold crepe (Which was tasty but not what it was when warm)

And then...it snowed. Drippy at first, but then huge feathery, beautiful flakes. The boys were in the bath and it was eight o clock at night, but I knew what Munch wanted and I wanted it, too. We suited up and went out to frolick. The Baby had enough after five minutes; he couldn't see what all the fuss was about. "I'm cold and I'm wearing more clothes than usual. Fuck this." So he went inside and sat in Bruce's lap while Munch and I trudged through the snow, threw snowballs and made a small snowman. We sang snowy songs and made track and had an hour of snowy togetherness that just made my month.

Oh, and I like Munch's atom bomb sneak attack tactic. "Hey mom, look at my snowball that I made."
"That's a pretty goo-" *BIFF*

"Hey! You can't show it to me then hit me with it!"

"Yes I can."

Towards the end of the snowman making, Kevin showed up and Munch did his reading with Kevin, drank some hot chocolate and went to bed. Then Kevin and I sat up for two hours eating chocolate chip cookies and playing a new board game of his (Kevin has the best games...Trinny can vouch) and really had a great time.

What a great night! Totally went from thinking I was going to have an incredibly sucky night to having a fantastic evening. Oh, and I took some pictures of Munch playing in the snow; I'll post them tomorrow.

No comments: