Monday, February 25, 2008

Something keeps bugging me. I have been making a real effort not to blame law enforcement in all of this. I know that they didn't want to directly name GMH as a suspect so that he would come out of the woodwork, and they did GET him, so it could have been a lot worse.

But why weren't they keeping track of Mere's bank transactions? Shouldn't that be standard for a missing person? Thats WHY Mere kept giving him the wrong pin numbers..so the bank could see that someone had been trying to use her card and failing, and the *locations*. When your wallet gets stolen, credit and debit cards companies are immediately tracking attempts at transactions; why weren't they doing this?

Because if they had been, they could have saved her. I know, coulda woulda shoulda. I shouldn't think like that...People like to tell me, "You shouldn't be thinking about that" and when I do allow myself to think about it and actually converse about it with a close friend, it winds up being a dark, creepy crawly and morose conversation, like the one I had with Marisa the other night.

But I was so damned angry when they said over and over again 'No evidence of foul play" when we all KNEW she wasn't on that mountain...We blindly hoped we were wrong, but nothing was right about the situation up there. Nothing made sense.

I just want to know why something so simple wasn't done. Why didn't they save her? Why can't I call her right now and tell her PS I Love You is showing at the dollar theatre and we should go. ..or geek about Oscar dresses on GR...or see My Mother's Castle together (We watched My Father's Glory in mid November and were supposed to watch the sequel after she got back from Denver. Its one of my very favorite movies, and I rarely get to see it with anyone without subtitles) we were supposed to see La Mome together at Cine, but never got the chance, so we were going to rent it. Never going to happen.

And, completely inappropriate lyrics, but this song has been stuck in my head all day.

No comments: